In Department of Geochemistry, our work consists of describing and understanding chemical substances’ fate in the soil and groundwater. Pesticides, environmentally foreign substances and naturally occurring inorganic substances are among our key areas. Our activities are often based on experimental work as laboratory or field trials.
Department of Geochemistry covers the following disciplins:
• Analysis of organic substances in water or soil
• Analysis of inorganic combinations in water and soil
• Methods for describing sorption and degradation of substances in sediments by batch and column tests
• Microbiological and molecular-biological methods
• Field trials on pilot and field scale
The department also has substantial activities within processing groundwater chemical data in connection with the national groundwater monitoring and advising on the geochemical state of the groundwater.
Areas of expertise